NWL provides resources related to the Electrostatic Precipitator (ESP) industry.
NWL Resources for ESP Solutions
NWL offers the following whitepapers, technical documents and application notes in PDF format.
- 21st Century ESP Design – Chambers, Chaney, and Grieco
- Operation of ESP HF Energization in I.E.Mode at Labadie Energy Center, Units 1 & 2 – Boll, Pelech, Chambers, Shah, and Grieco
- Intermittent Energization with High Frequency Switchmode Power Supplies
- Introduction to Switchmode Power Supplies for ESPs
- Switchmode Power supplies – Present Application and Future Investigation
- Analysis of PowerPlus kVA Savings under Certain Conditions
- Dissolved Gas Analysis for T/R Sets
- How to properly size PowerPlus
- Voltage Harmonics and PowerPlus
PowerPlus Application Notes
Electrostatic Precipitator Industry Links
- Institute of Clean Air Companies (ICAC) – is the nonprofit national association of companies working in the stationary source air pollution control and monitoring sector. The Institute’s members include leading system and component suppliers of monitoring and control technologies for PM, NOx, SO2, Hg, VOCs and other HAPs. ICAC advances the common business interests of its members by working for strong, flexible clean air policies that rest on sound technical basis and that promote public health, environmental quality and industrial progress.
- Neundorfer Knowledge Base for ESP – Neundorfer is one of the leading Air Pollution Control equipment manufacturers. This page provides a great overiew of precipitator design and operation.
- Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) – The Electric Power Research Institute, Inc. (EPRI) conducts research and development for the global electricity sector. An independent, nonprofit organization, EPRI brings together experts from academia and industry as well as its own scientists and engineers to help address challenges in electricity generation, delivery and use, including health, safety and the environment.
- Weidmann Diagnostic Solutions – Weidmann Diagnostic Solutions Inc. was formed in 2000. They provide engineering solutions including: optimum loading studies, condition appraisals, and diagnostic and preventive maintenance testing of electrical insulating materials for electric utilities, electrical utility service companies, equipment manufacturers and industrial clients. Their capabilities consist of 6 North American laboratories, two new Diagnostic Service Centers (located in Lake Hamilton, FL and Baton Rouge, LA), a new Educational Services division, and the development of an online dielectric strength analyzer called The Weidmann Centurion. Weidmann Diagnostic Solutions also continues to host the annual “New Diagnostic Concepts for Better Asset Management” Technical Conference each fall.
- Electrical Operation of Electrostatic Precipitators by K. Parker. The electrostatic precipitator remains one of the most cost effective means of controlling the emission of particulates from most industrial processes. This book will be of interest to both users and suppliers of electrostatic precipitators as well as advanced students on environmental based courses. The author identifies the physical and engineering basis for the development of electrical equipment for electrostatic precipitators and thoroughly explores the technological factors which optimize the efficiency of the precipitator and hence minimize emissions, as well as future developments in the electrical field.