NWL’s R-Series is a unique family of capacitor product that exhibits superior performance with high current and high frequency applications. By utilizing low inductance internal constructions, optional molded resin cases, and customized terminations, R-Series capacitors are designed for fast switching IGBTSs and can serve as snubbers and high current high frequency input filters.
R-Series capacitors are well suited for many inverter applications including:
- Snubber capacitors
- High current DC input filters
- High frequency DC input filters
- Low inductance fast reactive clamp capacitors
Unique features of the R-Series capacitor include:
- IGBT direct mount option – With high current robust terminals spaced to match IGBT centers, NWL’s R-Series capacitors can directly mount onto input connections on IGBTs.
- Low inductance packages – With the R-Series capacitors’ dry resin filled construction, some unique internal laminated low impedance bus bar and terminal construction produce extremely low inductance values.
- High heat dissipation package – The R-Series capacitors can also utilize a resin mold package, combined with copper terminals to providing the best thermal heat dissipation systems available.