NWL, Inc. – Over 75 Years in the Power Conversion Business
The company was founded in the 1930’s by John Nothelfer as a transformer repair shop – Nothelfer Winding Laboratories, hence the name NWL. In 1968, Mr. Nothelfer retired and sold the company to a group of 13 employees led by then Vice President, Jim Seitz. The company is owned today by Jim Seitz’s sons, David and Bert.
David has been with company since 1975 and assumed role of President at the main facility in Bordentown NJ in 1991. He has an engineering degree from the University of Pennsylvania and did graduate level business studies at UCLA.
Bert joined NWL in 1980 and led the Capacitor Group from 1992 until the Division was sold in 2020. He has an engineering degree from Georgia Tech.
The real strength of NWL has been, and continues to be, the outstanding product and application knowledge of its people. NWL has many longstanding customers who rely on NWL to provide the best possible solutions to their power conversion needs.
In 2014, NWL generated $80 million in sales and employed over 375 staff members. Today NWL operates three manufacturing plants located in New Jersey, Florida, and South Korea.
NWL is now one of the largest independent suppliers of transformers and power supplies for demanding industrial, military, and research customers.
Contact NWL for Industrial and Military Power Equipment
Contact NWL for further assistance with high performance transformers, power supplies, inductors and capacitors for industrial and military applications.